BOY or GIRL?????
We hope to find out Thursday!!!!
It is so interesting all the guesses you get and the reasons why! I have heard so many ol' wives tales....and who knows if any of them are correct??? I have some that I may believe in after we find out, and I am sure many of you believe in them because they were accurate for you! I have yet to become a believer of any of them, but I love hearing them and guessing!!! Here are some I have heard!
If you have to shave more often than not, it is a boy! (Meaning if you have more hair growth!) At first I felt like I did have an increase in hair growth, but now I don't feel like I have to shave as often. I don't know that I believe this one, because all of this hair growth, or lack thereof, could be based on prenatal vitamins!
If the heart rate is high it is a girl, low is a boy. Well, our nurse told us they like the heartbeat to be under 160. Ours was 158. If this one is true, 158 would be considered high in my book ~ girl.... but, I don't think I believe in this one either, even though my mother-in-law would swear by it!
Sweets ~ girl ; Salty ~ boy ; If this one is true it is a boy, because I have been a salty eater! I'll will take sweets, but not really my first choice.
If you gain weight all over ~ boy; if it is just in the belly ~ girl. This one holds true for the 6 people that have been pregnant at my school this year. I seem to think I have gained all over, however others tell me I am all belly.... (they may just be trying to be nice!)
And the chinese calendar may be the only one I believe. It says boy!
Anyone know any other ol' wives tales?
Take a guess...
Boy or Girl????


14 comments:
It was fun trying to guess boy or girl when I was preg. The wives tales were untrue for me except I was carrying LOW which meant boy! His heart rate was high, I ate sweets :) However I did have more hair growth :) The chinese calendar was right thought...it said boy! Either way boy or girl as long as they are HEALTHY. And your lil Camp seems to be a healthy lil boy or girl :)
how exciting!!! i can't believe it! I feel so behind! i'm not even married yet! i keep thinking andrew will beat me! it's possible! haha...i can't wait to hear the news! do ya;ll have names picked out already? how is tj & his new bride? i can't believe that either!! i remember him and matthew playing so much when they were little! how time flies!
How exciting! I was sicker with my boy and got wider with my girl. Don't really know if that had anything to do with anything. I think I am going to guess that you guys are having a boy. I am always wrong though, so you will probably have a girl. Ha!
I remember seeing Brent's mom and dad in the ER when Brent broke his nose. We already knew Mallory was a girl, but she asked about the heartbeat. She told me not to take the tags off the girls clothes because she thought it was a boy for sure! Funny.
I'm guessing boy for you guys just because of all the Camp boys...Brad is praying for a girl for Brent...and all of our other coaching friends that are pregnant:) Can't wait to hear what "it" finally is!!!
I believe in the heart rate as well. I didn't have another sonogram after 21 weeks so knowing Camille's heart rate was high everytime I went in to the doctor reassured me it really was a girl. Although, the only thing I remember being nervous about in the hospital was that she was going to be a he. I had no idea what we would do with all that pink stuff! Drink lots of caffeine and sugar right before you go in on Thursday...it will make her/him move around a lot.
i can agree that people are hilarious with their gender predictions and beliefs. they have only gotten funnier as i get bigger.
i am really, really excited to hear if your baby is boy camp or girl camp!!!
Money in the bank its a boy.
The only one that fit me 100% both times was the Chinese calendar. I haven't yet met anyone who went wrong there. :) So, if it holds true for you, then I'm guessing BOY! Can't wait 'til Thursday!
i just want you to show us a picture of your belly! that's all i ask!!!
What's the old wives tale about dangling your wedding ring above your tummy? Do you have to wait until later to try that one? Something about if the direction the ring swings...Shows how little I know about being prego!
There's one about TTing in Drain-o...never did it! And most of the wives tales were wrong for us...I think you're having a BOY! Can't wai tto find out!!! CALL PLEASE! Love you!
Okay...I can't wait to hear! Maddox's heart rate was 155 and everyone thought it was a girl. His stayed high the entire time too. Either way, you will not be ale to imagine yourself with anything else! It is so much fun! Every time I think of you I get so excited for you guys!! You are going to be such an awesome mommy! Good luck today! Love ya!
This is such an exciting time of the pregnancy. I am looking forward to the next post to see what you are having. I am so happy for you.
Like Kelby, I also could've predicted a boy for you and Brent! So excited for you both! Like Molly says, show us your belly!!!!!!
Post a Comment