While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt
I love being a teacher. I have always wanted to be a teacher. My parents are teachers, my great-grandparents and grandparents were teachers...I don't think I had a choice...apparently it is in my blood! But, I am not a teacher just because I have always wanted to be, or because that is all I know, I feel it is what the Lord has called me to be. I never knew or thought about it until I actually became a teacher how much of a ministry it is! I am so thankful for the opportunities I have everyday to show my students Christ ~ to show love, respect, kindness, patience, and joy!
I think of my students as my children! Everyday they teach me something, and everyday I am reminded what the important things in life are. As much as I want my children to excel academically, or on the TAKS test, I realize that these are not the important things in life. I am constantly reminded of how different the world is and how hard it is to be a child. The majority of my students have totally different homelives than what I had growing up! This makes me so thankful for my childhood, and at the same time really empowers me to want to make a difference in their lives. With all the mushiness said......
TAKS is over!!!! This is the fun time of the year. Even though this is when the hormones kick in for my fifth graders, I really enjoy these last six weeks. I can take the focus off of academics (just a little) and focus on enjoying my students and strengthening my relationship with them before I send them off to the foreign world of middle school!100 years from now...
it will not matter what clothes I wore,
or the kind of house I lived in,
or the type of car I drove.....
but the world may be different
because I was important in the life of a child.
I love this quote!!!!


10 comments:
You are such a blessing to your students because you WANT to be there for them and encourage them along the way. Not enough teachers are like you!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your classroom just to see how much you light up their little lives. Love you!
Very well said! It is sad that we live for TAKS to be over so that we can take a step back and refocus on our kids. I agree with you...these last six weeks are the best of the school year! I love you and miss you.
Ally
you are making a huge impact in their lives! what a treat that each of them gets to have YOU for a teacher. they won't ever forget you and the way you love them!
i subbed in a classroom all week at the high school this week for TAKS. the kids were sad to see me go....oddly enough. but, high school is not my thing. i wish i had your passion!
I am so impressed with your love for teaching. It's so important that we love what we do...I can't imagine doing our job everyday and not loving it! Even though I'm just going to be teaching a much younger student, I'm going to miss my little class! I know that your students will never forget you!!!
Enjoy your last 6 weeks till summer! I will always remember those special teachers who made a difference in my life, just by caring. I know you are doing that to so many who come through your door every day... what a blessing!
I am so glad you have that passion for teaching, it's so important for the kids in the future! I bet you are hilarious and your students love you!
Even though I am not teaching anymore, I still feel the relief for my friends who are now that TAKS is over. Let the fun begin :)
I'm flying into town today and will be all alone until Friday night. You guys want to hang out maybe tomorrow night!?!?? I'll call you!
i know i finally joined the blog world! which bmbs are you doing? wanting to start another one but not sure which one??? absolutly LOVE IT!!! i miss all of you guys and hopefully this "blog world" will help me keep in touch w/ everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment