Monday, May 21, 2007

Wedding Weekend

We had a very bittersweet weekend! Brandon married his high-school sweetheart on Saturday! I have known Brandon since he was 10, so he is pretty much like a brother, so it was very emotional! The wedding was absolutely beautiful! And there were alot of fun memories made! Here are some of my favorite pics! Get ready....there is alot!!!

The boys at rehearsal dinner!

This next picture has a great story behind it! This man is Sarah's uncle. Griffin saw him at the dinner and walked up to him and said "Santa?" It was so sweet to see the innocence in Griff thinking this man was Santa. Before anyone could say anything this sweet man replied by saying "Yes, I am Santa....have you been a good boy?" Sarah's uncle played it up and the whole weekend Griffin thought he was Santa. I think that is why he was so good while standing up on stage during the wedding....he knew Santa was watching!

The BIG Day!

No one really knew that Griffin had been throwing up all day on Sat. You can tell in this next pic that he doesn't feel well! We think it might have been nerves, because when the reception started he was ready to party!




Miss Sydney Faith!


The boys loved the dance floor...they felt like everyone was watching them, and they loved being the center of attention. When the girls of Sigma Alpha took over the floor to sing their song, Griff couldn't figure it out!


And here is Grayson breakin' it down!

The Happy couple saying goodbye!
It was a wonderful weekend! You know you are getting old when younger siblings are getting married!
.....only 4 more days of school if you don't count today!!!!!!


10 comments:

andydawn said...

CRAZY!! WE are getting older...I've been trying to deny it, but I guess I am going to have to face it :) I like your hair cute ;)

annalee said...

love the pics! and yes i did get my haircut. your's looks really cute too! happy almost summer!

the thorntons said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! My family all said it was a great wedding. I can't believe little Brandon Camp is married!! It is really weird that our little bros are all getting hitched...we're not old, are we?!?

allyo said...

It is so hard to watch baby brothers/sisters grow up. I am struggling knowing that another one of my baby brothers is about to graduate...I can't even imagine what it will be like when it is my own kids. Looks like you had a lot of fun at the wedding. Glad to see you are still around;)

I miss you terribly! Hopefully once summer gets here, we will get to see more of you guys. Give Brent a hug from the O's.

Shannon said...

What a fun weekend! Y'all look so nice dressed up.

And a cute story about Santa. Now, that is some good bribery for behavior:)

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

i can't believe you posted! i did a double take! seriously! :) i chit chatted with brandon last weekend at dillard's. robbie was giving him a hard time. that girl sarah and i took piano lessons together!

Laura said...

Oh my finally a post! And yes, I know what you mean having the babies grow up! Lesley won't be getting married just yet but she just started PA school! She will always be a baby to me though :). Lots of love, keep up the posts.

Anonymous said...

YAY for the update! What great pictures. Thompson - you look gorgeous! :) Cute Santa story... before I even read your post, I thought that he was Santa, too! And -- I totally hear you on younger sis/bro growing up. Brady is now 21 and a senior at ACU. WOW! His girlfriend is 24 and already has a master's degree. HOLY COW!

ThePoeFam said...

love the pictures! I love weddings...I feel like they are starting to make me feel old, though! I know that's true b/c I've stopped comparing all weddings to mine...now I just enjoy them and don't point out the things that I wish I'd done! HA! LOVE YOU!

ThePoeFam said...

time for an update!