It is so good to be back in good ole' Abilene! Last week I was in Junction with my fifth graders. All the fifth graders at Fannin had the opportunity to go to an outdoor school that Texas Tech has in Junction. It was a wonderful experience for the kids and for the teachers. The Texas Tech Junction campus is the campus where the movie "The Junction Boys" was filmed. The old barracks are still there where the movie took place. It was alot of fun to see! I slept in a bunkhouse with the girls.....all 32 of them! Let me tell you, fifth grade girls get giggly at night! It was so much fun bonding with them in a setting that a teacher normally doesn't get to. The lessons (the tech teachers teach) are amazing! I learned alot! We were able to swim in the river after catching macroinvertebrae with our fishing nets. We went on scavenger hunts with compasses and went on a geological dig! I walked more than I have ever walked in a weeks time. My feet and legs were numb when we arrived back in Abilene on Friday. By Saturday morning I missed my kids so much that I was ready for Monday to be here, so I could see them again! This group will forever be special to me because of the unforgettable memories we made in Junction.



You can look at all the pics from our trip at http://www.depts.ttu.edu/hillcountry/OLC/AbileneISDPhotos.htm Then click on Fannin.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Home Sweet Home
Posted by campers at 6:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Sounds like y'all had a great time. I bet you are a wonderful teacher and that your students really love you! I think I lost your email, so am leaving this comment. I just saw a little comment on someone's myspace page that Felicia had a baby! I didn't even know that she was expecting. Do you know any details or where she is living? I'd love to send her my congrats!
yeah, little girl Camille Rae born Monday at 4:59 8lbs 8 oz Isn't that so fun!!!! My email is alrcamp02@yahoo.com
I love hearing how much you love your kids. I don't know how you do it. I have 5th graders alone for 45 minutes each only once a week and I go crazy! I'm also glad that you know how to catch macroinvertebrae...next time I need a macroinvertebrae, I know who to call!
What a fun opportunity! I am so glad that you had a great time! ...But I also know how good your own bed feels when you get home!
wow. field trips. i don't miss them! but, i'm glad you had fun!
I see they have their "guns-up" go red raiders...I loved my 5th graders too!!
Post a Comment