We had a fast, full weekend! I wish the weekends and the weekdays were switched, and we worked two days and played five! Wouldn't that be fun?
On Friday we headed down to the Metroplex and of course our first stop was Cabellas.....but I was a good wife and was very patient while Brent shopped and shopped. It is always so hard for me to do that, and yet he is so good at being patient while I shop ~ that is something I need to work on.
Then we went to my grandparents for dinner and dominoes. We had a blast with them. My grandmother is very entertaining!!! Then after a wonderful breakfast that my "Maime" fixed on Sat. morning we were off! We headed over to see Bryan, Lisa, and Little G. We didn't get to stay long, but it was a nice, short visit. And we got to play around with Griffin for a bit! Next, we headed out to Dallas for the shower. (which was our whole reason for going) It was a couples shower. Brent has never been to a couples shower, except the one that was given for us, so he wasn't so sure about it....but it wasn't that bad. We got to see and catch up with Izzy (one of his old teammates.) We hadn't seen him since we lived up there, so it was fun! Will and Amanda got lots of cute stuff! It was a fun shower since B and I could go together. Then after the shower we headed over to my aunt's house to deliver some birthday presents. My new baby cousin, that my aunt and uncle adopted last summer, turned 1 last week. He is so precious. He is walking and into everything! He would look at Brent and give him the biggest, cheesiest smile ever. So then after a long day and a half of socializing we left the metroplex and returned to A-town. As soon as we got back on Sat. night we changed for the HSU soccer banquet and rushed over just in time for it to start!!!! It was lots of fun! Brent is very excited about helping coach the Cowgirls next season!
After church on Sunday we went out to the lake cabin and began to work on remodeling it! What a job....I am beginning to think maybe we are in over our heads. We worked all day yesterday and we both feel like we didn't accomplish anything! There is just so much to do that the little stuff we spent all day doing yesterday makes it seem like we didn't do anything at all! Very frustrating!!!! But I know we will enjoy it after we have put in all the work! Have a great week!
Monday, April 03, 2006
Why are weekends so fast?
Posted by campers at 9:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Izzy..didn't I meet him one night while I was with Grant? I can't remember........
yeah, i think you did...
Oh...I know..our weekends fly by! A lady I teach with says that she comes to school during the week so she can get some rest. Sometimes I think she's right! Anyway...I can't wait to see that lake house when it's all finished..I'm sure it will be darling!!! LOVE YA!
That's funny that you mentioned Cabela's. It's like the husband's one moment in time to shop as long as they want, and I do the same thing...just stand by patiently. Ryan could spend ALL DAY in there if I could stand it! I hope to see you at some point next week when I'm in town. I'll call you soon!
I'm ready to hear some updates!!! I miss you!
quit commenting on other people's blogs and own up to your blog responsibilites! MRS. CAMP!
Post a Comment