Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught, but that every child should be given the wish to learn. ~John Lubbock

There are some days I wonder why I chose to be a teacher, and then there are all the other days that I am so thankful that the Lord gave me the gift of teaching. I love my job, even though some days are tiring, or make me crazy! Each year I think I won't be able to love the next group of kids as much as I love the current class, but every year I fall in love with all of them. The end of the year gets a little crazy, with field trips, programs, and special activities, and it tends to make a teacher ready for summer! I have enjoyed this special class of children and will never forget their smiling faces and all the memorable moments! I thought I would share my precious 2nd graders with you!!! We had a Cowboy program... don't they look cute all decked out Texas style!!! These next ones are the days when 3:15 can't come soon enough!!!





3 comments:

the thorntons said...

They are so cute, but I can definitely see how a few of those might "try your patience" from time to time. I know you are a huge blessing in each of their lives. Hang in there...it's almost summer!!

ThePoeFam said...

Oh girl...I know the feeling! Your kids seem SO big compared to mine. ... Anyway, looks fun! I'm counting down too though...26 days left for me!!! :)

campers said...

I know I look at the little first graders down the hall and they are so tiny compared to mine!!