Friday, March 24, 2006

WHEW!

WHEW!!!!! What a LONG two weeks! Spring Break was good! Not much relaxing....but is that really what spring break is for? We had fun visiting friends and family up in the metroplex. We stayed one night with Ally and Jay! Ally, Randi, and I watched Friends DVDs, and Brent and Jay played golf. We also spent one night with Brent's brother. We got to see our old house since they live two doors down. It was fun spending time with Griffin. He is such a 3 year old, and makes me tired just being around him!!!! How do they have so much energy???? We just love him to death, though!!! And it is always so hard leaving cause he wants to come with us, and then he will say "when are you coming back to my house?" Then I spent Sat. doing all the fun bridesmaid's events, while Brent played golf again (this time with Will)!! And then we had the rehearsal and the wedding on Sat. It was absolutely beautiful! Leigh Ann looked gorgeous! It was so special being a part of her big day!!! Everything was so unique and perfect!

Now that this week is almost over, Spring Break seems like a month ago. I wasn't looking forward to coming back, but it is always so refreshing seeing my babies. I don't realize how much I miss them, until I see them again. This week has been a hard week, a very tiring week! Brent's grandmother passed away Sunday, and the funeral was yesterday! This was Brent's last grandparent. I have only had one grandparent pass away, and I know how hard that was. So, please keep him and his family in your prayers as they go through this hard time!

Sorry about the downer!!!! We are looking forward to the weekend, since this week has been one thing on top of another....and soccer is over!!! I don't know if we will know what to do with ourselves. Brent's extended family is all still in town, so we will be spending time with family. Hope you have a great weekend!!! I will post pics of spring break soon....but DEAR timeis over so gotta run!

6 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Does that mean you weren't "Dropping Everything and Reading."! haha...I don't ever either. Man I'm a bad influence. I'm subbing for a class right now on my off period..and they are watching the most boring DVD ever on something of the scientific nature. Kill me. Thanks for catching up on your blog. I'm sorry about Brent's grandmother. give him a big hug for me.

the thorntons said...

I'm glad Molly cleared up what "DEAR" meant because I guess I'm out of the loop! I had no idea about Brent's grandmother. I'm so so sorry! I'm sure a thousand people have said this, but really...tell Brent's family that they are in my prayers. It's always good to hear what's going on with you. I'm glad you had a fun (although busy) spring break. Are you going to be around the week before Easter at all? I'm coming in the 7th and leaving the 17th. Hope to see you soon!!

ThePoeFam said...

I know what you mean about being so crazy busy...when does life slow down!!!? Anyway, I knew what DEAR meant...we do it in first grade too...come on Sarah, get with it!! HA! .... I hope Brent's family is going better. Can you imagine going through times like this without the love of Christ? Everytime a tough time comes my way, I am SOOO thankful! Anyway...y'all are in my prayers as well! I Love you....And...July is good for me too for our get-away! Was it good with Sarah and MOlly too? Do we want to go ahead and plan on that week!?!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

stop commenting on everyone else's blog and UPDATE YOURS!

the thorntons said...

I'm with Molly...enlighten us as to what's going on in your life NOW, not last week!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Moore. The only Jacob I know.