Thursday, February 16, 2006

Surprise

I got the best surprise on Wednesday!!! My best friend in the whole world called to tell me some fun news! I had just walked in the door from school and I got a call from Ally! We talked for a bit about our plans this weekend, and then she said "Well, I called to tell you I'm going to have a baby!" I about fell through the floor!!! I was just yelling and screaming! Of coarse the dogs were looking at me like I was crazy! I had no idea I would be this excited about someone else's pregnancy! Not that she is "somebody else" she is practically my sister...We have been best friends for so long! We lived across the street from each other for years, and then we were Freshman roomies at ACU. We have shared so much together, high school life, college life, engagements, weddings, family illnesses and deaths, and now BABIES!!!! Ally and I have talked about this since we were little ~ our dream has always been that we would get married....have kids...and live across the street from each other so our kids could be best friends just like us!
I was very excited when she called to tell me she was engaged.....but we had all been waiting for so long! And this surprise was literally out of the blue!!! It was so much fun! I have been on Cloud 9 ever since! I talked to them again yesterday, because I don't know how they are sleeping at night!!! That is how excited I am! I can't imagine how excited I will be when it is my own! (which will be awhile, especially now that I have another one to spoil!) I hate that I am not in the same city as Ally during this special time! That was one of the hardest things about moving to A-town, was leaving Ally, Jay, Bowden, and Sadie behind! But I know that our friendship has continued to grow, no matter where we are! And there is no doubt in my mind that we will only get closer. So this one is for you Ally ~ I love you and can't wait to see you!!!!

2 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

Oh wow! So exciting! Congratulations to them! Were they trying?

campers said...

No actually they weren't!!! But so exciting!!!