Monday, February 20, 2006

"Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life."


What a wonderful weekend! Friday night we had a team dinner at Gatti's. I really don't remember being that giggly in high school, but I know my mom and dad would disagree! I left with my checks hurting because I had smiled and laughed so much! The girls are a lot of fun! Then Sat. Brent's dad and I headed out to Shotwell in the 21 degree weather! It was FREEZING! (literally) The whole time I kept thinking about that football game our senior year when we played in Lubbock, and the ground was covered in snow!!! It was like 10 below! So all through the game Saturday I just kept telling myself that it could've been worse! Sitting in the freezing cold did pay off! We won!!

The best part about this weekend was that I got to see lots of old friends. I am truly blessed with some of the best friends in the world. Leigh Ann's shower was Sunday. It was so much fun getting to see high school friends and college friends. I enjoyed getting to see some of my best friend's mom's and reminiscing old memories!!! It really is unique what we have...us Abilene girls!!! I can remember everyone telling us we would grow apart...I can't imagine that ever happening!

Well, long week this week! We have already been to the Planetarium this morning! And then tomorrow we will head out on another field trip to tour HEB and then to the park for lunch! (All of us non TAKS takers need to leave so we won't be so distracting!) I really am enjoying the fact that I am not teaching a TAKS grade! I did love my years in fifth grade...but I don't miss the stress this time of year at all! Let's pray for warmer weather tomorrow, so the park might be enjoyable. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

P.S. Thanks to Molly for the cute pic! (Both my cameras are broken!!!)

3 comments:

ThePoeFam said...

I am so jealous to have missed all of the fun! I'm dying to see you! My mom said that it was so good to see all of you...We did prove all of those people wrong, didn't we!? We'll NEVER loose what we have!! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

So fun!! And congrats to Mav on the new baby!! That's so exciting! I'm also sad that I missed you in Abilene. We were at Rosa's too - lunch-time on Saturday. Darn! So glad that you are blogging!!

Anonymous said...

One more thing... you girls are so pretty!