Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Eat Soccer, Breathe Soccer, Sleep Soccer

I am sure you are not surprised to hear me say that I have been eating, sleeping, and breathing soccer. We had team dinners on Friday and Sunday nights. Friday night was Movie Star night and Sunday was Camo! We had a blast....actually I had a blast, not so sure about Brent, but he survived! And was a trooper as always! Then Saturday we went to Odessa to play Permian and then we played here last night! It has been a whirlwind, and even though it feels like we don't have time to breathe, it is fun!!! Brent did make a comment last night out of the blue that led me to believe he had spent a little too much time with high school girls. He said "We will not ever have a high school girl!" Not that he has a choice, because "if" we ever have a girl.....she will eventually be in high school!!! I will admit they are giggly, loud, and constant talkers....but they are fun to be around, because no matter what mood you are in they will put in a better one! They remind me so much of my high school group of friends, and all our memories...from choir concerts, choir trips, track meets, traveling out of town to watch sports, or just hanging out at someone's house!
Well, that was my LONG weekend in a nutshell! The nice thing about a full weekend of soccer, is that we don't play again until Saturday...so I am looking forward to relaxing tonight and watching The Bachelor. (Yeah, I didn't get to watch it cause we played last night, although one of my friends at school already filled me in...accidently....I am still so excited though!!!)

6 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

oh brent loves the high school girl! we all know he does...
you just described yourself in that blog. if he dated you in high school then he KNOWS he'll have fun! :) oh soccer..yuck! so, g-dawg isn't able to go to leigh ann's rehearsal dinner with me. that's okay, i told peter i would take him otherwise...but that was before grant came into the picture. so it'll be fun either way.

campers said...

awww, wish g-dawg would be able to come....but it will be fun getting to see Peter! Either way Brent will be happy he has someone to talk to!

the thorntons said...

Ha ha! Those girls do sound just like you in high school! Is soccer season still going in April? (shows how much I know) It would be fun to go to one of his games with you when I come home for Easter. Just a thought. Thanks for checking on my yesterday...don't know what I'd do without my best girls!

ThePoeFam said...

You eat, breathe and sleep soccer and I eat, breathe, and sleep youth group! Oddly enough, I bet they're very similar. I've learned to love the chattyness of HS girls too and, you're right, they do make you in a great mood! It's fun to tell them stories about "US"!!!! They love to hear them! Anyway, I'm super excited to see you on Saturday! I'm going to need to get specific directions. Are you driving back to Abilene on Saturday!?

campers said...

no...yeah I am going to need specific directions too.....Maybe we can just meet somewhere....I'll give ya call on my way there!

Anonymous said...

Busy weekend for you! So what did you think about the Bachelor? I loved Travis this season!! I don't think that he and Sarah are still together. She was a sweet girl, but they just didn't seem to have chemistry. Too bad!