I will post his video.....I promise.... but first I need some help! This is C's last week in his "Caterpillars" class and I would like some ideas for teacher's gifts. He has five so please consider that! Any help from all my creative and clever friends would be appreciated!!
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Okay so...I have a great idea...but I dont know if I can explain it over blogger...I did find a blog for you to add to your blog list from a lady who has the cutest ideas for just about anything you could imagine. Go to http://j-a-girl.blogspot.com/or just click on it from my blog list. Look for her post about the coasters. (the magnets are super cute too) I won some coasters from a bunco party one time and I love them. They are made from ceramic tile, really funky napkins and a little bit of decoupage. What you do is pick out your tile...try to stay as beige or basic as you can so that its easy to match. Then you go and get you some napkins...anykind will do...funky, stripes, initials, flowers...you name it. Then you try and tear a square out of the napkin that will fit on the top of your ceramic tile. (are you following me here) then you take the decoupage and place the napkin on the tile and put a good heavy coat of the decoupage on top. This way if the glass is sweating or whatever, the napkin will be safe because its completely sealed. I will send you pictures of the ones I won!!! You can do them in sets of 4 and then tie them togehter with matching ribbon and a sweet little note attached!!! Let me know what you think. In the post from the other lady, she stamped her coasters and they turned out darling as well!!! Not too expensive...especially if you end up doing all of them with the same napkins. I think the initialed napkins would be a great idea and they are perfect for home or their desk in the classroom!!! Call me girl if you have questions!!! Miss you!!!
You could do fun personalized stationary or note pads! ...Or you could "scrapbook" an insert to go in one of those insulated coffee mugs. I love those! You could add pictures, or just do fun paper with their monogram! :) ...Picture frames or photo albums are always great too...and you coud say "I could have never 'pictured' this year without you!" Good luck! I know you'll do something super great!
Stationary, note pads, anything with initials...baked goods...CANDLES are always good...bath and body!! Can you tell what I have been getting all week?? I love teacher app week!!
$5.00 gift cards to sonic or starbucks are always winner. I also often to hand soap from bath and body. That way is you don't pick their favorite sent it's still good. Candles and lotion can often go unsed because the person doesn't really like the smell.
Post a Comment