I really have no clue where to start telling you about the past month.....so I’ll start at the beginning! On April 14 we went in for our weekly dr. appt. y blood pressure was high so they decided to monitor me for the week! If you are a teacher you can confirm that in April around TAKS all teachers’ blood pressure is high. After checking my bp everyday my dr. decided to induce. I had not dilated at all, which was odd because Caden had been in the birth canal for over three weeks. Since I had not dilated we went in Thursday night for a cervical procedure to help me start dilating before they started inducing on Friday morning. Well, by 10:00 Thursday night I was in hard labor and they ended up having to try to slow the contractions down....why? I have no clue??? All through the night Thursday night we (I say we cause Brent wasn't sleeping either :~) had contractions about a minute and a half apart and during every contraction Caden's heart rate would drop (that is the scariest feeling in the world) (at one point the nurse ran into the hallway and yelled some code word, well we aren't DUMB ~ we could hear the heart rate dropping and B could see the monitor) .....And to top it all off, I couldn't get my epidural because I wasn't dilated AT ALL!!!!! Needless to say.....it was not fun!!!!! Luckily, about 6:00 Friday morning my water broke and I was dilated to a two. My dr. had told me I couldn't have my epidural until I was at a four, but I think he must've felt sorry for me since I had been in serious pain since 10:00 the night before and since my water had broke he said ok to an epidural. So from 6:30 on I was good to go! I seriously believe that epidurals are the BEST invention EVER!!!!! They ended up not having to give me pitocin because I was moving right along. At about noon he decided we were ready to go and we told our families goodbye and Dr. Tadvick told them we would have a baby shortly. He and Brent were joking about ours being the first one born of the day.... (We knew another couple that was delivering that day) and Tadvick told him we should have a baby within 10 minutes!!!!!! Well, four and a half hours later we did have a beautiful baby boy! He ended up being sunny side up and having his arms over his head....which means delivering shoulders, arms, and head all at once!!! Good thing for that epidural! But that is the reason I wasn't dilating at all and the reason his heart rate was dropping every contraction, because he had his cord up there with him, and the reason it took so long to get that precious boy out!!!! Needless to say....it is TOTALLY worth it when you hear that precious cry!!!! Brent was absolutely amazing.....you think you love your husband with your whole heart and then you go through an experience like that and not only do you grow another heart for your precious child, but I think my heart doubled in size with love for Brent! I totally couldn't have done it without him! When he went out to the waiting room to share the news a random man made a comment about how awful he looked! Poor thing!!!
Ok, so enough with the gory details....here are some pics of our precious little man!
He was so beat up when he was brand new ~ I'll save him from future embarrasment from posting the ones where he looked like he had been through a war zone....he had bruises and scrapes on his face and head from the forceps.

Uncle T and Aunt Chandra

Uncle T and Aunt ChandraUncle Drew




Caden and his great-grandparents


Kisses from Miss Camden
We were so thankful for all the many visitors at the hospital. We totally didn't expect to be there 5 days....and it made the stay go by much quicker!
Finally Headed Home!
It was so nice to get home! We quickly introduced the girls to their baby brother! They still aren't real sure about him! Ele was just excited to get some attention....she was so excited my camera wasn't quick enough to catch a picture of her!
Lots of family and friends came to meet Caden!

It was so nice to get home! We quickly introduced the girls to their baby brother! They still aren't real sure about him! Ele was just excited to get some attention....she was so excited my camera wasn't quick enough to catch a picture of her!
Lots of family and friends came to meet Caden!Starting with my aunt Connie and my cousin Andi! My grandfather was in the hospital (he is finally out) and they couldn't come! They were devastated, but we sent back lots of pictures!
Meeting future friends Brody and Quinn
He looks so chunky in this next picture....however we had to return to the dr three times cause this kid wouldn't get back up to his birth weight....he dropped to 6 lbs 10 oz...and wouldn't gain....Stubborn little thing!
Our first sponge bath!
Our first dr visit! He was very impressed with Dr. Wiley!


19 comments:
beautiful family of 3! so happy for y'all.
HE is SOOOO stinking cute! I am going to be in Abilene this weekend, I might have to get your number and come bug you so I can see him!! SO CUTE!! Good job
I am SO happy for you and SO happy to hear how things went. I think I have checked your blog a million times and I am just so happy to see how great your litte man is!! He is SO handsome and there is something about him that looks just like you to me. I am so thankful you are so good. I know exactly what you mean about loving your hubby more after having a baby and having him hang in there with you. I am so blessed with my Keith and I love that you have your sweet Brent. Love you, friend!!! M
he is precious! and you look really great!
You looked FANTASTIC for having such a long labor and delivery! 4 1/2 hours of pushing???? Holy cow! You are amazing.
Thanks for updating. I was wondering if you had left blogging for good!!
Yeah! Finally!! I love you and my baby boy!
Congratulations, Thompson! I am so happy for you! He is absolutely precious, and SO CUTE! I'm glad y'all are all are doing well, you are already a great mama!
He was worth it...he is HANDSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you are feeling better and we get to meet him here soon :)
I totally understand how you think you love you husband as much as you can until that lil one arrives...it is so awesome to watch them with their lil ones!
I am so glad to see you back on here! Caden is so precious. That is one crazy birth story you have there. I am glad that he is here though and every thing is going well. I am a little jealous to see how amazing you looked after delivering him, but I will get over it. Ha. Can't wait to see more pictures of that sweet baby boy. Love ya!
Mr. Caden is beautiful!!! So glad things are better and you're able to share pictures!
Love,
Cheryl
I am so glad to see more pics of Caden. I am so sad that I didn't get to meet him. I kept telling Kelby we needed to go by. I am glad that he got to see all of you!He is adorable maybe I will get to see him in July when we come.
I can't believe that it's been over a month! He has changed so much already. You have EVERY excuse for not posting, but I'm glad you finally did! He is adorable and you look great. Can't wait to see you soon!! Love you! :)
Caden is so adorable! You are a great momma! I was so happy to see your update with pictures. Have a happy holiday weekend!
He is too cute! I look forward to more updates!!
He is precious and you are a trooper! Congrats!
got the chills when you were talking about how your love grows after having a baby!!! you are so right and you said it perfectly! congrats on that precious, healthy baby boy!
I'm with Sarah. You have EVERY excuse not to be posting! :)
We were in town on Sunday, but I was lazy and laid around. :) We didn't see anyone. ;)
What a handsome little man!!!
He is so cute! Congrats!
Post a Comment