Wednesday, March 26, 2008

5 pounds, 4 Losses, 3 weeks, 2 showers, and 1 roomie

Wow....it has been a while...I don't even know if I can recall everything that we have been doing!
I'll start with the 5 pounds....We went to the specialist (or in our case the sonogram dr.) over spring break! Mr. Caden is 5 pounds 15 ounces. We are hoping he doesn't gain a pound a week or I am having a ten pound baby! Which doesn't sound like much fun to me! The dr. said he has lots of hair, which just made me wonder...is it Camp blonde....or Thompson black? I really don't know how accurate they really can be, but I guess we will see!
Now on to a more difficult topic! Last night our season ended with our fourth loss of the year! The girls had a great season with a 22-4 record! They were District Champs and had advanced to the playoffs! It was pretty hard to swallow the loss last night! It wasn't something that anyone thought would happen.....but they played their hearts out and lost in overtime! We had planned on playing for two more weeks...but that wasn't in the cards! They have nothing to hang their heads about....four losses is a great season! This was a very hard season to end for Brent. This group of seniors was the group he started with three years ago when they were all sophomores. The first year was a difficult season only winning three games. But in the past three years they have come so far and the relationship they have created will forever be special! I am so proud of Brent and the leader he has been for these girls! I know the mark he has made on them is just as sweet as the mark they have made on him.
Only three weeks and three days left! Are we ready.....nope! But, maybe that is why soccer came to a close a little earlier than planned! It is time to get it in gear and get all the last minute stuff done! We are on the down hill slide!
Enough of boring talk....here are some pics! Before spring break we had two wonderful showers! The first was a couples shower, and it was so much fun having B there to help open gifts and ohh and ahh over all Caden's cute stuff!!! The HSU players and their parents threw it for us! It was for us and some of our sweet friends (the HSU coach) who are expecting one week ahead of us! I forgot my camera....I know how bad is that....but one of the girls took pics for me, but I haven't been by to get the cd yet...so no pics from that one! The next day my precious friends threw a wonderful shower for me and Mr. Caden. It was so much fun getting to see sweet friends that drove in for this special day!
Caden's sweet friends! It was so fun seeing all the babies!















My sweet friends and
wonderful hostesses!

I have been so blessed with the friendship of all these sweet girls for so long, some as far back as Madison Middle School! I love that we can just pick right up where we left off!

And my sweet college roomies! It was so special that they all came! We are spread throughout Texas, but it is always so much fun when we are able to get together!

And lastly we have a new roomie....no not Caden yet...but Brent's college teammate and friend is staying with us while he is doing a PT internship with Hendrick. It was actually great motivation to get the back guesthouse cleaned out! I know Brent and Will are enjoying acting like they are in college again....and it keeps me laughing! I am sure he is loving living with a nine month prego!

And here is the most recent belly pic! Taken at 36 weeks!

So that is about all going on! Even though I am sad soccer is over...I finally feel like I can breathe and maybe get some things accomplished!

23 comments:

andydawn said...

You look great!! That 36 week pic is me at 20 weeks :) Great season...Congrats Brent! Sorry I couldn't make the shower...I have a lil something for Caden too :) Can't wait to hear of his arrival and meet him in June.

allyo said...

I am so sorry about the loss, and even more sorry that I forgot to call and check how the game went. I enjoyed seeing you over Easter and hated leaving you. I am so thankful for the couple of hours that we got, talking like the old days. You look amazing! I love your belly picture. I can't wait to pack up and head to town to meet my sweet baby boy!

the thorntons said...

Bummer that y'alls amazing season had to end with a loss. I'm still so proud of them! Brent has really taken those girls to another level from where they started 3 years ago!

You look so great! I can't wait to meet your little guy. I'm so excited for you!!

jackie said...

It is getting so close! How exciting! Thanks for the nice comment on my page. The photographer is Lindsey Cotton and her blog link is on my page. Just click on Lindsey. You are on the homestretch!!

Meredith said...

You are so cute! I love your prego pictures. Too precious! Sorry about your husbands losses, but you may be right, you never know when Mr. Caden will make his entrance. God was just giving you some relaxation time before Caden comes!

annalee said...

beautiful momma-to-be... you look great and i am getting so eager for caden to arrive!

Charis said...

I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left! Catch up on sleep now while you can ;) You look really great and it looks like a fun shower with some fun people!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I am so excited to meet Caden. I hope he comes on a weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

You look amazing! Fun pictures!! I check your blog all the time and look forward THE ONE of Mr. Caden's arrival!

Natalie said...

You look fabulous! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little boy!

Jacquie said...

I would never have guessed you were 36 weeks! You look great, I actually delivered at 36 weeks and right after 2 showers so you never know how much time you have :). (Not to scare you or anything!)

Leigh Ann said...

Thanks for the update! I'm sorry for the loss, but it was a good season.
I cannot wait to meet Mr. Caden!!! Love the belly pic:)
Love you friend!

Mauri said...

Seriously, I have no idea how you have almost 6 pounds of baby in that little tummy! You are too cute! Can't wait to see pics of Caden's arrival!!!

Laura said...

You are so cute pregnant Thompson! Precious! I am sorry about the loss, the end of a great season was always a heart breaker. But you have much to look forward too with that little man! i can't wait to meet him! love ya!

Martha said...

okay! You are so adorable! Congratulations on little Caden! I am so happy for you and wish I could have been there for all those festivities. I love the pics of all you girls! I am praying for you. Great blessings to you in Christ! M

Shara Smith said...

I can't believe sweet Caden is almost here! You look fantastic!! I am looking forward to seeing pics of the nursery and or course, Caden once he arrives. I am just so excited!!

Shannon said...

You look beautiful Alison! I can't believe it's only a couple more weeks.

We wish we had more time in Abilene (after the funeral). We would have loved to have dinner with you and Brent. Maybe sometime this summer...and then our kiddos can meet each other!

Minda Ciardi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Minda Ciardi said...

You are so cute! I'm sure you are counting the days until your little one arrives!You're almost done! Congratulations!

Minda

Mommy Leah said...

You are beautiful pregnant!!! Not much longer now ... yay!

Nominate someone or something in need said...

Girl, you look GREAT! I am sooo excited for you guys! i just caught up on your life! so sorry about the game, but sounds like yall had an awesome season and yes what a great role model you guys have been for all of those girls! so inspiring when people dedicate their "lives" to modeling and helping others!!! awesome!! will keep checking in to hear about the birth!!! know you will do great!

Meredith said...

Hope things are going well! Not much longer. I think all of us in blog land need an update though. :) Hang in there!!

ThePoeFam said...

I'm DYING! I can't wait to hold that sweet little man! You look so precious in these pics and that shower was so much fun! I love you...can't wait to get the call/text!