Wednesday, March 08, 2006

"A true champion gets back up after they have fallen." - Unknown


We knew this season would be a hard one coming into this year! But I don't know if you can ever be totally prepared to "rebuild" a program. I have to brag on my hubby and the Lady Eagles!!! Their record and the scoreboards sure don't show a winning team, but they REALLY are becoming one!!! They are finally putting it all together and playing as a team! A GOOD TEAM!!!!

Last night was the second game against Cooper. The outcome didn't turn out the way we would've liked for it too, but the girls played their hearts out!!!! We out shot them 22 - 3. We dominated the WHOLE game, and went into a shoot out and lost!!! After being a goalkeeper's girlfriend all through college....I HATE SHOOTOUTS!!!! They are never fun! And it was especially hard to loose last night in a shootout to Cooper after our girls played such a hard, good game!!!

I am so proud of Brent and the coach he is and the coach he is still becoming. The girls have improved 100%, and I know they are only going to get better! He has two seniors and two juniors, and the rest are all freshman and sophmores.....so his team is young!!!!! They have a long road ahead of them....but I know that in time they will show everyone the true champions that they are!!! They are all winners in my heart!!!!

5 comments:

the thorntons said...

Congratulations Brent!! For once I was actually kindof sad to see Cooper on the winning side... what's wrong with me & my Cougar pride?! I know that you BOTH are a great influence on that team & you'll have many successful seasons at "Dear Old Abilene High". (Isn't that their school song?) Love ya both!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

TO THEEEE CHSSSSSS...honor and pride, our finest something something...we will prevail...in something something we're sideeee byyyyy siiiddddeeee...
I don't remember the rest...maybe that's a good thing. anyone else remember it? or thompson maybe you could sing the AHS fight song.

campers said...

thank you very much...but I don't know the fight song for AHS.....soccer isn't privelegded enough to get a band!!!
Now I have the Cooper school song in my head.... I don't remember the words but I do remember the CHS fight song!!!!!

"We back those Cooper boys.... They go to Cooper High... They'll never let us down...we'll fight with might in red and blue tonight...

and I'll stop now!!!!

campers said...

kinda sad that we remember? although that shows people really can remember music!!!!

ThePoeFam said...

Sorry to y'all...I know that Brent is doing a great job. It must be hard to 'cross the tracks' but, Thompson, I'm proud of you for doing it.... About that song...did we EVER know all of the words!? .... But the fight song..of course! I'm doing the motions in my head as I sing it!! Love that song! I'll sing it every now and then in the car to Matt. He thinks I"m crazy!!!... Anyway, how are ya girl? Still so sad taht I didn't see you at the shower. We WILL be at the wedding next Sunday though!