Wednesday, September 12, 2007

More Thrills Than an Eight Second Ride

That is the theme this year for the West Texas Fair and Rodeo.....I am very sick of hearing commercials...but I love the fair!!!! I have early memories from the fair when I was little. My whole fam went every year. As I got older it was fun to go with friends! Football games were always more exciting when you could see all the lights from the stands. I have always loved the rides and the food. Now that I am older I love looking at all the booths. My mom and I were talking last night as we left the fair, that it used to seem so big as a child. It seemed like the rides were countless and the midway was endless. One of my many memories of the fair wasn't even a time when I went to ride the rides or eat the food. It happened my senior year after a football game. Sarah and I had riden (is that a word) with Scott to the game. When we went out to his car after the game his car wouldn't start, or he locked his keys in(I can't remember), but for one reason or another we couldn't get home. We had to walk over to the fair and call his parents! Every year when I return to the fair I think of this night! I have no idea why...but it is etched in my memory! Last night was a great night for the fair....it wasn't too hot or too crowded and the food was great! So enough memories.....on with the pics!

Grayson wasn't too sure about the rides at first, but once they started he loved them! Brent rode the train with him! It was pretty comical seeing his long legs all smushed up against his chest!

Everyone was pooped by the end of the night!

9 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Ooo, we're on to bigger and better things here in Dallas. The TEXAS State Fair! :) Although I too, have a specific memory of the fair when I was with Leigh Ann. I slipped and face planted in the mud and there was NO NAPKINS at any of the food booths to wipe my face off. It was terrible.

andydawn said...

I saw Matthew M. (the actor...don't know how to spell his last name) at the Texas State Fair when we went to a Texas OU game one time. PS...Brent will make a great daddy one day...I know you already knew this :)

Shannon said...

The Abilene fair was one of our first outings after Brad and I met. I won't call it a date because I was more interested in all of his friends!!

the thorntons said...

I was already thinking about that story before I even read all of your post! Another memory of mine from the fair was in middle school when I got $30 stolen out of my back pocket and everyone had to chip in all night so that I could eat and ride rides. The Texas State Fair may be cool, but I have a special place in my heart for the West Texas Fair & Rodeo. Nothing beats West Texas!!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, so many good memories at the fair! I still LOVE the fair food too and Aggie french fries, mmmm. I totally agree, I love the West Texas Fair and seeing Shotwell from the distance....home sweet home!

annalee said...

i will always love the west texas fair and rodeo! is it weird that i truly get "fairsick" this time of year and sad i can't go!?

ThePoeFam said...

Fun memories...thanks for making me remember so many of them!!! I agree...it did seem SOOO big when we were tiny! Love ya! Glad you got to go for all of us!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! We have plans to come out there for Homecoming this year. Would love to see you!

Sharee Forman said...

Me too, me too...maybe it's an Abilene thing? I LOVE the fair and have to go every year!! I agree though, in 6th grade it was huge and I was more fearless. :)